Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Am One Blessed Girl

I cannot even believe how fast the days go by. I swear I blinked, and then all the sudden I have two weeks left here in my comfy small town. 

I've been spending a lot of time, as much as I can anyway, with the people I love the most. It's been really hard to put it in perspective that things change. Who knows, when I get back, things could be so different. People you love change and grow into the person they are going to be for the rest of their lives; so do you. That's just something I have to learn to embrace and be okay with. No matter what, I'll always love the people I leave here, and the memories that surround every inch of this place. 

On a more happy note, not that I'm not happy, just a lot of thoughts, I have been having a lot of fun. I just love the boys that I have grown so close to over the past 3 or 4 years. I got to see them yesterday, and I really can't help but smile. They really all have a huge part of my heart. They are such good guys and I can't wait for us to grow up and to see where they go in life and what their future holds. 

Funny, isn't it? How we love to see how other's futures pan out. Maybe not a lot of people think that way, but I sure do. I love being happy for people. I think it is the neatest thing to see your peers accomplish their dreams. All I know is that I wish everyone the best of luck, and if you have a dream, there is no reason for you to not reach it. 

I had a really long, good talk with Mitchell last night. That's the neat thing about him; I can honestly talk to him about anything and everything. I really feel blessed that he's in my life. He's just one of those people that make you know Heavenly Father is watching out for you and answering your prayers through that person. He's really just been a comfort. Something I haven't really had in a long time. I do have other comforts in my life, especially my best friend. She's my number one always. But seeing as how Mitch is a boy, he just is a different kind of comfort. I mean that in the most respectable way. We look at things differently, but in the same respect, we can totally see each other's views on how life works. It's nice to see things in a different light sometimes, and I'm thankful I can learn from him. He's a good kid. I'm super lucky that he's one of my best friends. I'm just more thankful than I can muster up the words to express, but I know the Lord is answering my prayers and looking out for me, and it very well may be through him.

I was thinking a lot today about my mom. I was a punk in my earlier teenage years and had a hard time with my mom. Now though, we are closer than ever. I can't picture myself packing up and leaving her. I really don't want to. She's one of the main reasons I am where I am today. Her example and influence has had such and impact on my life. I feel like when I leave, I could very well be so lost without her. She has a tough shell, and she doesn't let world catch her in hopelessness or failure. She has always been amazing that way. She's always been strong, and if anything, I hope I take that same strength with me in my life. I really love her. I couldn't imagine life without her here. It's safe to say she is my best friend. Guys, I get her as my mom for life. How lucky am I?

I am one blessed girl. That is something I realize every day. I have a loving caring family that is happy and together. I have the opportunity to go to college, and not just that, I get to go with my best friend in the whole world. I get to be surrounded by people who have the same beliefs as me, and people who want to be successful. I have two jobs, which have really helped me get through this tough economic time. I am blessed to be here. To be healthy. To have people in my life who love me, and want nothing more than for me to life a great life and to be happy. I love who I am. I love that I always have someone watching over me, and that life is eternal. I am so thankful for what I have and for having the drive to write my thoughts and feelings down, no matter what they are. 

I don't have all the answers to life. But I do know that if you live it to the fullest, and your happiness is genuine, and your deeds are sincere, you can't really go wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment