Monday, August 6, 2012

Saying goodbye to Alex

If you know me at all, you know that goodbyes have never really been my thing. I don't do well leaving people I have known and been close to for the majority of my life.

Yesterday, I had to say one of the hardest goodbyes to a best friend of six years. Alex has had a huge impact on my life. He's been there for me always. He has been my comfort, my strength, and has helped me through almost every trail I have faced in my life. Even though his life carried trials a well, he never ever once made me feel unimportant or alone. I cannot even begin to tell you how much my heart aches when I think about how he isn't just down the street anymore. I know without a doubt, that he will do amazing things. He has paved the way for total success because failure has never been an option for him. Alex is, and forever will be one of the most amazing people I know. It's hard to say goodbye with the thought of me never seeing him again floating around in the back of my mind. But wherever our lives take us, I know I will never forget him. You can't ever forget someone who changed your life. I love the kid more than I can even say in words. But at some point, we all have to grow up. And goodbyes just so happen to be a part of that. He will always have a place in my heart, and I know that he will do amazing things. I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to have him in my life, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment