Monday, August 16, 2010

Saying goodbye


The girls at Lexi's going away BBQ.
Hailey. Jenna. Anglea. Chelsie. Becca. Lexi. Kadee. Me. Dominekke.


Crazy Girls (:


Goodbye never seems hard to say; until you have to say it that is.

Friendships are amazing. Amazing can't even describe one of my best friends. I'm at a loss of words when it comes to writing about her.

Her words and advice got me through anything and everything. Her strength, wow. She is more strong then anyone I know.

I love Lexi with all my heart. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing to do. I didn't realize I would cry so hard that I got a headache.

It is so sad that sometimes you never really realize how much a person has helped you and been there for you, until they are gone.

Life.

It comes to a point where you have to move on. You just have to. No matter how hard it is, everyone grows up. People change and leave.

I have learned that reality.

But the truth is, the realness of it isn't revealed right away. For me, it just happened to be when she did leave.

All waves of emotion hit me the second I walked in that door and saw all the boxes packed and a near empty room. This was it. The real thing. She was leaving. It was her time to start the new chapter in her life. Being me, and being selfish, I thought to myself 'how can she leave. Why now. I need her here with me. I need her. I need her. I need her.'

I hugged her. I didn't want to let go. But of course you eventually have to let go. Let go of everyone. At some point in time. . .

She did so much for me. She made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.

She took me to lunch when my heart had been broken. She helped me through.

She made me smile everyday.

She was such a funny girl.

She IS one of my closest friends.

I miss her like crazy.

But, I realized that this isn't goodbye. It's just a see you later.

On a happy note, we had a going away bbq for her (: we had such an amazing time. Everyone misses her so much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment